Photobucket

Monday, January 17, 2011

Douchey Shit I Pulled in High School (Part 2)




When I was in high school, I was in the Yearbook club, mainly because I was an overachiever.

The weird thing about me, though, was the fact that I was an overachiever with a bad attitude. Overachievers are usually really positive and super happy to be involved in every aspect of everything because if they pause from smiling for one second, their entire little world will come crashing down on them like a pile of broken dreams. Think Tracy Flick from Election.

So while I wanted to be involved in everything, what I brought to the table was mainly a lot of sarcasm and unenthusiastic participation. As the editor of our school newspaper, I wrote a recurring "Editor's Letter" where I said things like, "And this is to our readers (population 0)..."


So, in the Yearbook Club, we did the obvious, which was design the yearbook. At the beginning of the year, our teacher had us all go up to the board and write our own suggestion for what the title of the 2003 yearbook should be.

I, of course, went up and wrote my very own brilliant idea: "Thanks for Nothing."


She made me erase it.


The theme ended up being "Let the Good Times Roll"—complete with dice on the cover and a board game theme throughout.

I still like my idea better.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home