Cabin Fever: Blizzmania 2.0 (part 3)
21. I woke up around 9:30 and tried to lull myself back to sleep by putting The Simpsons on in the background. I don't know what it is, but I need to have background noise in order to go to sleep at night. Am I afraid of silence? Probably. There are a lot of great things about living alone, but I hear one bump in the night and I automatically think someone's breaking in. Also, my bedroom window directly abuts the living room window of the building next door and the old couple that lives there is always speaking VERY LOUDLY. Really, I've woken up hearing their entire conversation and for a second, I think someone is in my bedroom.
22. It didn't work, so I got up and had macaroni and cheese for breakfast. Don't judge me.
23. I decide to do more research for work in an effort to avoid staying at the office until midnight this week. While I have a kitchen table and a desk in my bedroom, I want to be able to work while in front of the TV and the coffee table just isn't cutting it for the amount of research I need to do. This is book-referencing, highlighting, writing shit down on a legal pad and then typing it out type of work, so I need to be able to spread out. Solution? I move my kitchen table into my living room.
24. What a nice work station. I am a genius.
25. After about 3 hours of research, I'm getting antsy. Let's remember that I've not left my apartment or had personal contact with a human being in over 30 hours.
26. The sun is shining, and I decide that I need to go out.
27. My intention is to go to the grocery store to get food for the week, but I make a detour to the gym.
28. Elliptical for 30 minutes.
29. The grocery store is bedlam, and I wait in line for 20 minutes. The Hispanic lady in front of me tells me that she's waiting for her husband, but she can't find him. "I dunno why he didn't stay with me—now I'm in line, and he's somewhere with the cart? You wanna know why? Cuz men are STOOPID." I hear you, sister.
30. It's been awhile since I've actually carried my groceries home. I used to do it every week. I was like a fucking pack mule, but I've gotten spoiled with Fresh Direct. The problem? Fresh Direct and I are kind of in a fight since something has been missing, smashed, or rotten in the last 3 orders I've gotten from them. I ordered a six pack of beer that shattered. The glass punctured the six-pack of soda that was packed next to it, and all of this liquid soaked the toilet paper and paper towel that was also packed in the same box. MEGA FAIL. They refunded my entire order, but I'm protesting for awhile (read: until I need something heavy that I don't want to carry).
31. Of course, the problem with the grocery store is their sub par baked goods. The nice thing about living in a city? There are about 700 bakeries on my walk home. I stop at the bakery and pick up a baguette. I was planning on ordering Dominos tonight, but now I'm thinking that I'll make my world-famous goat cheese crostinis.
31. I put the groceries away and eat all of the calories I burned off at the gym with a bowl of coffee ice cream.